BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mejor Libro. (i think) nope, its libro predilecto.

As a prospective English minor, it can be assumed that I like or love to read. It is a just assumption, I do like to read. Although I do not read as much as I would like to or should, I would consider it an interest. Anyways, rather than reading the latest and greatest love story [I am anti-Twilight, apologies for any offense] I love the classics....The Great Gatsby & The Catcher in the Rye are givens. Anything makes that me reflect myself, hand it over. I also have a secret obsession with biographies/autobiographies of rock stars, predominately about Kurt Cobain.


I know I said I am not about the latest and greatest fads in literature, but I must admit my favorite book this year lies within the top selling book on this planet--The Bible. Whether or not people believe in the legitimacy or accuracy of the events described in The Bible, it is a beautiful beautiful piece of literature. It holds immense amounts of symbolism, historical references, analogies, love, action, and heart-clenching moments; it has something for everyone. And learning from the stories does not hurt either.

As for me, I do believe it in. I believe the accounts described are real.

But back to my favorite book this year, clarification: yes, the bible is a book but it is written by collaboration of authors and contains several mini-books within it, Phillipians. This book is actually a letter written by Paul the Apostle, for the people of Phillippi. But, although the history and background of this letter are important, I want you to know why it is my favorite, it is the purpose of the letter: to thank, to update, to send hope, to warn, to heed advice, and to let the people know that they are in good hands. I was not there when the town received this letter, but every time I read it I can only imagine how thankful they were and how much transformation occurred because it happens to me every time...and I have only a glimpse. This letter reminds me to be confident...in my faith, in life, and in myself. It reminds me to think before I act, to know that my actions affect others and may have positive or negative repercussion...actions prompt change...I need to be ready for that. It reminds me that everything that has happened in the past has made me who I am today...and can only be used for great things in the future. It reminds me not to live for myself but for my savior Jesus Christ and those that surround me (or don't, just others). It reminds me to be thankful for everything I have. It reminds me that everything I have is enough.

Paul not only affected the people of Phillippi through his letter, he has influenced hundreds of people over time. I am thankful to be one of them.

You see, whether or not people believe in Jesus Christ or the 'living word', the values can only help us better ourselves...there is nothing wrong with that.

0 comments: