BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stand out.

Music makes everything 10x better. Some people believe that life should be like movies and music should be the background to our every day activities. Imagine being in a foreign country....taking a canoe of sorts across the Indian ocean to an uncharted destination ['Peace of Mind'-Boston]...arriving at a reef of sorts, clear water and beautiful coral paired with rocks of death (how I'd like to describe them ;) ) [ ' "]....jumping in the water, swimming to a local Thai man...suffering minor scrapes and bruises along the way....arriving to a cave, crawling through only to see a private beach, hidden between two giant cliffs...['Wish you were Here'-Pink Floyd]....


I've been there, just when you think it could not get better.... the music fades in....its perfect!

Anyways, point proven...I love music, which is why its hard to pick one single theme song for my life but I'm going to try....drum roll....please.... 'Stand Out'- Disney, from a Goofy movie.

Before you write me off, or for those that have flawless taste...high-five me, think about it. Not only is A Goofy Movie, one of the greatest/most under appreciated Disney movies of all time, but the song has a beat that makes you want to flail your arms around and jump, it has a great message, and a singing dog is the face behind the masterpiece. Touchdown.

But really though, I do love this song, it has the power to put me in a great mood instantly. And once we get passed the Disney charm, it has a great message that I have always tried to live by (not because of the song, although it does further emphasis it) which is to put yourself out there, to not only be the best but have confidence in doing so. I firmly believe that regardless of who we are, where we grew up, or what resources we have...we have the power to become whatever we want to. Yes, it might be harder for some and easier for others but it is not impossible. Like Maximillion/Powerline says, "its not a question of how, just a matter of when".

Welcome to the life of Alexa Lynn Martz....



0 comments: