BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 10, 2010

what WE want vs. what WE need.

So I'm working on my application for interning @ an npo known as Krochet Kids [check it: http://krochetkids.org/home.php]

The application is awesome...yes they want a resume, standard. but they go beyond that..they want the face...the persona...they want to not only know who we perceive ourselves to be but who we
are.


Question 1, well technically question 10, but numerical order is irrelevant..content, content.

"What is the biggest need in our current world?"

First things first, what is a need? [i knew this one, but for purposes of understanding I looked it up :) ]
According to good 'ol Merriam-Webster a need is...
(a) a necessary duty: obligation
(b) a lack of something requisite, desirable, or useful/ physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism
(c) a condition requiring supply or relief
(d) lack of means of subsistence
...... (e) all of the above?

With that in mind....
I thought...hmm...more cowbell? (a friend said, thought I'd note it), ah the all cliche.."world peace"?, "universal health care system?" ...too soon? nothing seemed to do justice....target audience: the WHOLE world, what could everyone on this earth benefit from? theres one thing that keeps coming to mind...(without the cliche world peace answer in mind...just think about it)...

LOVE
I know what you may or may not have in mind: midnight calls, 'happy texts', long walks on the beach, lady & the tramp lets slurp spaghetti together type of love, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the type of love that exists through action, through serving others. The type of love that rises above our environments and circumstances...the type of love that is committed to the well-being of others. It is not based upon feelings or temporary gratification. It does not give a hand to receive one in return. It is unconditional. It is pro-active. It is the type of love that exists on kindergarten playgrounds...enabling children to become best friends because they have the same shirt... It is the type of love that smiles at complete strangers, that takes two extra seconds to hold the door for someone else....not because they have a disability, have their hands full, or because they asked...but simply because they are there...simply because they are another person....and you share that kinship with them. Simple love. Agape.

It is this love that could, does, and will change the world.




0 comments: